Saturday 29 November 2014

Surgical excision


I finally got around to finishing off the two units of Wracks that will form the initial vanguard of my force in the form of the scalpel squadron formation from the haemonculus covens book.

Consisting of two units of five wracks, each including an Ossefactor and Hexrifle armed Acothyst, mounted in Venoms (armed with the additional splinter cannon, because, well why wouldn't you?)


I was quite excited when I read about this formation for the first time, it's ability to potentially reap additional victory points is obviously very useful if you can pull it off, and I think that alone can help leverage any difficulty you might come across because of your limited choice in units.

Of course, I could ally in some dark eldar or Eldar stuff, but I've never really been big into allies, I much prefer the look of a coherent force, but one idea I had was to ally in units and make them look as Covenite as possible, I thought a unit of wracks entirely armed with hexrifles could make a good unit of eldar Rangers, and a unit of wracks with additional armour and wielding klaives could be used as Incubi and represent some kind of elite unit in the covens quite well.

The other thing I really want to do is convert a shaven Hellpit abomination into a Covenite monster of hideous proportions, but it would be cool
If I could use it to represent another unit in the game.


I'm interested to see if these guys can pull their weight as they are, I'm now working on a talos and a chronos which will take me up to 1000 points in total!

After that, I'm thinking twenty scarlet epicureans will be next!


No comments:

Post a Comment