Monday 16 January 2012

The Hunter

Heresy Miniatures' "Hurn Headtaker II"
Anyone who knows me personally will attest that i have an unhealthy love of the Yautja, the Alien hunters from the Predator films.

Now, along with many other geeks i am sure, the idea of combining my love of wargaming with one of my favourite (and woefully unrepresented) alien races was always going to crop up at some point.

Before Christmas i spied this little fellow from Heresy Miniatures, billed as a "Hurn Headtaker" my jaw hit the ground, i'd never seen anything approaching this level of beauty that had done such a good job of converting the look and feel of the badass nature of the Predators into miniature form, but here it was.  So naturally i had to have one.

I finally cleared my desk of commissions this week and got to sit and spend time working on my own stuff and this fellow had been sitting undone for a while so now here he is in his brutal glory.

I'm planning on creating a 40k army based around Predator models soon, the closest i can find for look and feel is the Dark Eldar, but the main problem being that the army has Toughness 3 as a whole, i hit on the idea of using this guy as "The Decapitator" which fits wonderfully with the idea of a Veteran Predator, melting from the shadows in a flurry of blades. 

Copplestone Castings' "Hunter Aliens" alongside the Hurn.
I discovered with a bit of Google-Fu that Copplestone Castings make some "Hunter Aliens" as part of their Future Wars range that will function quite nicely as standard infantry for the army, they even make versions with guns and versions with Close Combat Weapons so Wyches and Warriors are kind of covered which is neat.  Thinking that maybe i could go for another Hurn to convert up as an Elder Predator that i could use as a Haemonculus Ancient, Just a nice fun project for a bit of a change!  Will probably rebase the Original Hurn without the rock under his feet to lesson the obvious size difference between the two ranges!

The Dark Eldar tanks with filled over canopies will function quite well as Predator styled as well so it should all go according to plan with any luck!

I'll carry on working on them once my Grey Knights are all finished ahead of my next 40k Tournament, still a bit of work to go on them yet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment